Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday's Are Chocolate

Soooo long farwell auf Wiedersehen good bye. Like Arnold would say I'll be back. This is going to be my last post for a few days. But don't stay away to long. I will be posting as we travel. Looking forward to many yummy food experiences through Germany.

I made this easy yummy dessert for the Big Daddy's in my life. Thanks to my Father who is the best ever. While I was single I just called him Mr Helper. Everyday I was calling Mr Helper with a problem. Then Big Daddy Mike he is the best husband ever just can't get enough of that Mike. Oh and I can't forget those military son and son -in-law who served our country and left their little boys at home with Mum. Happy Father's Day to you also. Hugs to all the men in my life.

Chocolate Peppermint Freeze


11/2 cups cold milk
1 package (3.9 oz)instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in chocolate chips. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add peppermint extract; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.

Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.

27 comments:

Katy ~ said...

This is a terrific recipe! Wow, I LOVE this. Quick, delicious, creamy chocolaty good! Saving and sharing this.

Katy ~ said...

Forgive me, I can be so one-minded...I am so thoughtless! I hope you have a magnificent vacation! I will be looking forward to your German recipes. YUM

Emily said...

I LOVE Germany! It will be so much fun! They have AMAZING food there! All I can say is try everything and don't ask what is in it!

Cathy said...

Have a wonderful time in Germany. The food is so good.

Love this recipe and so will my grandchildren.

Bon Voyage.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your recipe has made me weak kneed. Lynette, have a wonderful time. We'll be waiting for you when you return. Godspeed...Mary

Trish said...

This looks good, easy and a super dessert to make and put aside whilst preparing the main course. Who would have thot of freezing pudding! Great ideas!

Debbie said...

Have a wonderful trip to Germany. I visited there several times growing up. My husband is going in July. Enjoy the food. Their cakes and desserts are wondeful. Your chocolate freeze looks fantastic. Looking forward to your posts from Germany!!!!

Creative Classroom Core said...

This sounds soooo tasty and refreshing! I will be bookmarking this to make soon!

Thanks for sharing another great recipe!

Jennifer said...

Ohh my that looks good, I cant wait to make it. My husband is in Germany now, tell him hi if you see him!

Coleens Recipes said...

Have fun and travel safely friend.

Debbie said...

Germany..YAY! You will have such fun. Eat lots and come back and tell us all about it.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip in Germany! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

teresa said...

Have a great time in Germany! This looks delicious, I love chocolate mint!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This sounds terrific for the 4th of July, frozen chocolate goodness!

Have a wonderful trip to Germany. Wish I was going too!

Tangled Noodle said...

What a delicious Bon Voyage dish! Have fun and a safe journey. We look forward to hearing all about your German adventures!

Talita said...

Yummy, yummy!! That looks perfect to chocoholics!

Claudia said...

Gorgeous, scrumptious chocolate! It looks so inviting. Happy trails and have a grand vacation.

Angela said...

That looks really good - thanks for the recipe.

Chef E said...

What a yummy dish you left for us to feast on while you are traveling! I just bought an old crank ice cream maker for a dollar, and I cannot wait to make something like this in it! Hope you enjoy some good German dishes and share them with us!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

This looks so good! I'm finally catching up with the blogs I want to follow...I saw your name on the Hive! I look forward to reading your posts and trying out your recipes.

Judy said...

I may not always comment but I love to see your Sunday chocolate recipes. This one looks just wonderful and I can't wait to try it. I hope you are enjoying your trip. If you get a chance, I would love your comments on my latest post on healthcare in this country. Thanks and keep those recipes coming!

Selba said...

Have a great time in Germany!

Tami said...

Hoping that you are having a great time!

Julie Pia said...

What a fun surprise to see you at the mall today. You are so dang cute. Thanks for stopping me. Sometimes I'm in my own little world and not very aware of those around me. I'm glad we're both getting back to blogging. I realize I need my blogging friends because I've missed you all so much.

Anyway......
cheers to back to blogging! loves.....

Unknown said...

Oh wow, chocolate, cool, easy and sounds delicious! What more could you ask for?
Happy Twirls

Katy ~ said...

Just stopping back in to say "morning". Hope your trip to Germany was wonderful!

Rachelle said...

Oh how I love peppermint. This sounds delicious. I'd love to see some new posts!