Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Night Specials

Short cuts. A few days ago I got my hair cut. I had to stop the stylist and remind her that I was not in the military and I didn't need a high and tight. It was a good thing I have some longer layers to fill in where she took off way to much. When we meet the in-laws I sure hope they understand I don't always where my hair this short. Once I put my bicycling helmet on, you won't see a bit of my hair that's a scary thought. I will post some pictures next week. Like I was always told the only difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut is two weeks.

Back to short cuts. A few months ago my friend Kristy led me to these great potatoes. I am not very quick when it comes to peeling potatoes. Simply Potatoes are perfect all peeled and ready to go. They offer many different varieties. Mr Mike whipped up this great turkey hash using the Southwest style hash browns. They really have a zip. If you can't handle the zip the plain version is perfect also. Most super markets carry Simply Potatoes they can be found by the eggs, never frozen. Simply Potatoes are always in a green bag. What a mouth watering quick and tasty dinner, lunch or breakfast.

Mr Mike's Turkey Hash

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup lean turkey breast cubed
1/2 red onion cut in thin strips
1 (20 oz) Bag of Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash browns
Salt and pepper

Heat oil in large skillet add potatoes cook thoroughly until lightly browned. Add onion and turkey cook until onion is transparent in color about five minutes. Serve immediately.

6 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

I've learned to speak up when a hair stylist gets a bit too enthusiastic with the scissors but in the past, I've come home with bowl cuts and poodle curls because I was too timid to say anything to the 'professional'. I will keep in mind the saying about the difference b/w good and bad haircuts - no matter how bad, it always grows back out!

This dish is one shortcut that no one would mind! I love hash and Simply Potatoes would be a great timesaver.

theUngourmet said...

Sorry about your haircut! I'm still recovering from my last cut as well.

I have used Simply Potatoes before and they are so handy! Your recipe looks yummy!

Creative Classroom Core said...

How clever and tasty :) Keep the great recipes coming :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

In the realm of things at least we know hair always grows back, but what a bummer just before your vacation. Your recipe is clever and I'll wager very tasty.

Katy ~ said...

Potatoes are one of my most favorite foods! This looks so good.

Boo hiss on a too short hair cut. You are much kinder than I would have been, I think.

Ginger said...

Lynette,

I am sure that you hair still looks good!! YUMMY on the potatoes. . . . Have a great week.