Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stay at Home Thursday

After having months of free time doing what I like to do read, ride my bike, exercising and cooking. It looks like it is coming to a halt soon. No I will still be posting daily, sorry you can't get rid of me that easy. We have finally finalized all our plans to take a much needed vacation. Going from a two year old to a six month old I guess that might be a vacation. In making sure we are using up everything in the fridge. This post is another Mike creation he is becoming more health concerned every day. If my cute daughter is reading this while she is on vacation. You owe me big time. I will introduce you to my daughter next week before I leave. She will be updating my blog while we are traveling.Mike's Black Bean Turkey Chili

2 cans black beans drained
2 can red kidney beans drained
1 red onion
1 large tomato
1 cup cubed turkey breast
1/4 cup raspberry chipotle
sour cream (optional)

In a large nonstick frying pan combine onion and tomato cook until tender. Add beans and chipotle sauce bring to boil, add turkey until warmed through.

12 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm on vacation next week as well. I like that he used the raspberry chipotle sauce in the chili! I'm sure that added a lot of flavor.

Katy ~ said...

Tasty sounding combination of ingredients.

I've taken several days off this week, the weather has been mostly rain or overcast, but I don't mind. It's just terrific to have the time to do those things that I want in my own timeframe. No rushes. Love that.

Hope you enjoy a fun and relaxing vacation next week. Sounds great!

Debbie said...

Looks delicious...I love the raspberry sauce. We all need a good vacation to recharge ourselves!!!

teresa said...

Mmmm, I love chili,, this looks wonderful!

Jennifer said...

That is making my mouth water! YUM>

Creative Classroom Core said...

Ive never tried black beans in chili before, but I love them. I will have to give it a try!
Thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Looks really good. I have never seen raspberry chipotle..will have to check supermarket. Have a great vacation

Anonymous said...

raspberry chipotle! cool!
haha, I'm glad I can still get my daily fix of your blog!
Have a good vacation!

Sara said...

The chili sounds delicious! Have a great trip

Tami said...

Have a great time! Looking forward to meeting your daughter, too!

Kristen said...

I like it, what a different way to make chilli!

Jatin Sethi said...

chocolate day pictures