Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Low Cal Wednesday

Ever since I was a teenager I have had a craving for chocolate for breakfast. I can remember in high school my Dad would wake me up and he would say your breakfast is ready. What that meant was he had poured a glass of milk and mixed in the Carnation Chocolate Instant Breakfast. I still love the chocolate in the morning about three times a week I have it. Last week as I was opening the package I found a smoothie recipe. I added a few extra ingredients. Perfect just the way I like it, low in calories and tons of chocolate flavor.

Milk Chocolate- Banana Strawberry Smoothie

1 packet Rich Milk Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast
3/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup non fat plain yogurt
1 small frozen banana, sliced
2 large strawberries
1/2 cup ice cubes

Place milk, banana, strawberries, yogurt and Carnation Instant Breakfast powder and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I would love this chocolate smoothie for breakfast!

Katy ~ said...

Nett, I LOVE this idea!! Perfect, perfect, perfect. I tend to eat poorly in the morning, and this would be so much better. When I next go shopping, I'm buying what I need to do this. Thanks for a TERRIFIC post!

Debbie said...

What a terrific idea! I have not had Carnation Instant Breakfast since I was a kid...my two older boys loved it also....So clever and it sounds delicious!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I would love to have this smoothie waiting for me in the morning when I wake up!

Tami said...

Yum! My kids and I would love these for breakfast!

teresa said...

This looks like a dang good way to eat breakfast if you ask me!

Coleens Recipes said...

What a perfect way to "treat" yourself in the morning.

Jatin Sethi said...

happy chocolate day images download