Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stay At Home Thursday



Pesto is like a condiment it can be used in so many different ways. A few weeks ago I shared this pesto. It had such winning reviews and we enjoyed the taste that I made this fun salad with the leftovers. This helped to get the salmon in our diet for the week. Next time you have a little leftover pesto put it to good use. I can't wait to make this pesto again and again.

1 salmon fillet
5 spears of asparagus
1 potato baked or boiled cut into 1 inch cubes
1 red bell pepper ( I used the jar red peppers)
3 or 4 radishes


Pesto
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 stalk celery heart, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Make a sauce by pureeing the mayonnaise, mustard, apple, celery heart, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in food processor. Top the salmon with the sauce. Serve over a bed of spinach and romaine lettuce.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow...that just sounds so delicious! I also love salmon but never seem to get around to making it much. I definitely need to cook more salmon...

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love salmon, but the pesto is what caught my eye. I've never seen one like this and now I'm curious.

Pam said...

The pesto sounds really, really good. Love the combination of flavors.

Katy ~ said...

I really like the sounds of the pesto. Bet it would be great with a grilled chicken, sliced, and then in a pita pocket or something. YUM YUM!!!

Gianina said...

Those are some interesting combination of flavors for the pesto. I would love to give it a try!

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm looking forward to trying your pesto. What a nice light and fresh twist with the apple.

Reeni said...

The apple pesto sounds wonderful, so creative. I bet it was just delicious over the salmon.

Olga said...

Definitely not what I'd think of as pesto, but the recipe sounds great. LOVE mayo :)