Monday, June 15, 2009

Gourmet Monday

Rain Rain go away come again another day. Did we move to Seattle and no one told me. Complain complain. It appears that every time we head to the pool it's closed because of lightening. Crossing my fingers that today is a nice and hot day here in Utah with no rain. The shrubs and grass are getting so long they can't get them cut, because they are always so wet.

While I stayed out of the rain. I was able to make this great fettuccine. Turkey has all of the sudden become a regular staple in our kitchen. Creamy and flavorful don't forget the roasted red pepper they added so much flavor. The broccoli adds just the perfect color and crunch. The turkey was soft and tender.
Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Fettuccine

12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
3/4 cup skim milk
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup reduced-fat garlic-herb cheese spread
2 cup cubed cooked turkey breast
10 ounces of broccoli
1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cook fettuccine according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine the milk, cream cheese and cheese spread. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, roasted pepper, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and pepper; heat through.

Drain fettuccine and place in a serving bowl. Top with turkey mixture; toss gently to coat Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.

7 comments:

Creative Classroom Core said...

I really like how you used turkey here - a tasty and healthy choice! Looks delish!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks so good, Lynette. I love that you've reduced some of the high fat calories with your lower fat alternatives. I hope you can get to the pool and actually swim. Have a great day.

Sara said...

I'm not sure that I've ever put turkey in pasta, but I should because it's a great idea! This looks delicious.

Denise said...

I think this looks really good. Its nice to see turkey used in a diiferent way.

Kim said...

Hope you get a break from the rain. We're getting rained out in KY too. Love the low-fat creamy pasta.

Debbie said...

I know what you mean about the rain...enough already!!! The turkey dish looks good and I definitely want to try that chocolate cake!

Katy ~ said...

Good to see that turkey just isn't for Thanksgiving! This looks so good and satisfying. Good on ya for lowering the fat content. Well done!