Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday's Are Chocolate




Waiting for the doorbell to ring at any moment. Our grandson is coming to stay all week alone. Since he lives out of state we don't get to visit as often as we would like. Friday when we were out at the pool one of our neighbors thought he was our little boy. When our hair is all wet it looks the same color. At fifty I don't think it would be wise to be having a baby. I made these cookies for him hopefully I can ration them off all week. They were so chocolaty just like I ordered. I found this recipe on Marie from Two Peas and Their Pod blog. If you have not visited her blog check it out. Thanks for sharing Maria. I made one change to the recipe, I used white chocolate chips instead of peanut butter. In the picture above I dunked in a little milk, just the way I like any cookie. I must say when I make this recipe again. I will take a moment and smooth the dough a little before baking. Maria's look like they came from a factory. If you have a last minute request for a treat this recipe is quick and easy start to finish 20 minutes.,Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

1 cup all- purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter
7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup plain yogurt ( I used fat free)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F; line 2 baking sheets with baking paper, lightly coated with cooking spray. I just used parchment and Pam. Maria used Silpats! Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Sift together flour, soda, and salt; set aside.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars(mixture will resemble coarse sand). Add yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add flour mixture, stirring until moist. Stir in white chocolate chips. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.

9 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

What wonderful cookies. I hope you all have a grand time this week.

Katy ~ said...

Nett, some of the best memories of my childhood are those with my beloved grandmother. I am so excited for you and your grandson to have so much time together. I would be wild with anticipation!

The cookies are such a treat, and won't he be excited to see that HIS dear grandmother made these especially for him.

Linda said...

These look great. I am going to make some for my grandkids! At 6 Carter loves chocolate when he can have it and at 2 1/2 Aidan is just starting to get chocolate treats...although it is a B-I-G word in his vocabulary and his eyes light up like the sun when he gets a chocolate treat!! Kids...you just have to love them!
Have a great time this week.

Barbara Bakes said...

White chocolate chips with this cookie are a great idea!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Yummy yummy yummy!
These look great!

Kristen said...

I think your chocolate Sundays are my favorite - you always have something sweet and yummy! Have fun with your grandson :o)

Donna-FFW said...

These sound and look like one delectable cookie!!

Jamie said...

Yummy! I had just decided to make chocolate cookies today for the sons and these are so making me do it!

Chef E said...

My memories are there too, and what a perfect bite that cookie would make right now...