Friday, June 12, 2009

Dinne and a Movie Friday

This week we were able to see My Life in Ruins. I want to go on Nia Vardalos's diet she looks like a new person since My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She carries the movie alone with a lot of funny and misbehaving charterers. Georgia as they call her in the movie has lost her job in Greece and taken on a job as a tour guide through Greece. The scenery is beautiful I think that is why Mike wanted to go see this since we are going to Greece in a couple of weeks. Richard Dreyfuss is one of the tourist on the bus I wish I could remember all of the one liners he used. Cute flick I would recommend this one just fun and uplifting with a few adult jokes.

When I would go to girls camp I remember making this dessert in a dutch oven. This time I just made it in the oven quick and easy even a two year old will enjoy. Four ingredients and a warm oven to heat up the house, because it has rained all week. Almost like a cake and almost like a cookie I can't decide which best describes. Some might even refer to as a cobbler. Quick and easy and no dishes to wash.
Peach Dump Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches with juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter or margarine grated

Preheat over to 350F degrees.

Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Spread half of cake mix evenly in bottom of pan. Pour can of sliced peaches and juice evenly over the cake mix. Cover the peaches with the rest of the cake mix, spread evenly the brown sugar over the cake mix mixture. Then grate the butter or margarine over the top of the cake.

Bake 50 minutes, or until golden brown.

10 comments:

Ginger said...

I LOVE YOUR MOVIE REVIEWS!! I am thinking that you should start a new blog dedicated only to movie reviews by Lynette!! I love the cake recipe!! Simple but YUMMY! Have a great weekend.....

Katy ~ said...

I want to see the movie based on your review, Nett. Sounds like a hoot, and a laugh is always good.

I love dump cakes! I really like the sounds of this one with the peaches. YUM YUM!

Barbara Bakes said...

Lucky you going to Greece in a couple of weeks! I'm hoping to plan a trip there someday. The cake looks easy and delicious!

Maria said...

Utah has the best peaches. I will have to make this when they are ripe!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Who doesn't like dump cake? Greece will be beautiful - but hot - at this time of year. You'll love every minute of your trip. Blessings...Mary

Debbie said...

I've made dump cake before and love them. They are so simple and versatile. I've never used peaches but will have to try that!!!

Lyndas recipe box said...

I remember my Mom making this cake...hadn't thought about it for awhile. It's yummy!
So glad you get to go to Greece! I'm so jealous.

Reeni said...

This is so easy and so scrumptious! The movie sounds great, I really want to see this one.

Jennifer said...

I have heard of Dump
Cakes but never seen one, I am going to make this!

teresa said...

Mmmm, this reminds me of girls camp too! I love this kind of cake!