Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Veggie Tuesday

Years ago when my daughter was small she came home from Grandma and Grandpa's house and said "Mom why don't you make us a brain?" I questioned her as to what she was talking about, I still did not quite understand. So I made the call to my Mom to ask her what a brain was. She explained that the previous Sunday while I was working they had cauliflower. I had to laugh then because I new what she meant. This is our version of the brain. No body parts or drugs are involved. You will be surprised how quickly it will disappear.


The Brain

One good size cauliflower
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

First steam cauliflower. While that is steaming mix the Dijon mustard and mayo in a small bowl. With a spatula spread mustard mixture over entire cauliflower. Cover with cheese and bake at 350 F for ten minutes.

1 comment:

Gianina said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I really love getting your comments!

The brain looks like a good way to get kids to eat vegetables. I'll have to remember that when my huband and I have kids. :-D