Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sundays are Chocolate

I made this for my little Valentine last night while he was down stairs working on his blog. I say little because he is not eating any sweets every time I look at him he gets thinner. He took one bite and said will you makes these again, and" why haven't you ever made these before". Then he suggested maybe green for St Patrick's Day. You want to be sure and let the chocolate set up, I waited a few days before I filled the shells. It is hard to tell in the picture they are little petit four paper cups filled with chocolate. I can't remember where the recipe came from I tore it out of the book.


Peppermint Mousse Cups
11/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 drops red food color
2 tablespoons crushed candy mints

Line 24 mini muffin cups with petit four paper cups. In 1-quart saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate in each paper cup. With back of small measuring spoon, spread chocolate up side to within 1/8 inch of the top. Chocolate should be warm enough to spread. Refrigerate about 20 minutes or until completely set.

Meanwhile, in small microwaveable bowl, microwave vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 1 minute. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the whipping cream: microwave about 30 seconds longer or until chips are melted. Stir in peppermint extract and food color. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove paper cups from chocolate cups.

In medium bowl, beat remaining whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold melted vanilla chips mixture into chocolate cups. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with candy.

5 comments:

teresa said...

Oh chocolate-mint is my FAVORITE! I can't wait to try this!

Julie Pia said...

I am such a fan of Mint chocolate. I hope they aren't too hard. They look so yummy. Can't wait to make them for my husband. He's returning from London today. Yeah! loves...

Sara said...

These look great! I love anything peppermint, especially peppermint ice cream.

Amanda said...

Cool, I will have to try these!

Cynthia said...

I can tell from the pink of the peppermint that they must have been very attractive.