Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday's Are Chocolate

I feel like we are the only people still in town. All of our families are out of town for the long weekend. We stayed home planning our European vacation ( hopefully not like the Griswalds but it is starting to sound like it). I made this fun peanut butter fudge cake. I also broke the healthy diet I have been on. As I was taking the cake out of the pan I had to sneak a bite but that was not all I continued to eat the first piece of cake. But I can give a perfect description of all the flavors. The cake was so moist and fluffy you can tell that by the picture. The frosting reminded me of a Reese's peanut butter cup I think, it has been so long since I had one. Perfect marriage between the two flavors. Fudge and peanut butter who can resist.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

1 package chocolate cake
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can chocolate frosting

Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in in. baking pan. In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and oil until smooth; spread over warm cake. Cool completely on wire rack
Place frosting in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 25-30 seconds or until pourable. Carefully pour and spread over peanut butter layer. Let stand until set.

10 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Love chocolate. Love peanut butter. This will make me very happy.

Katy ~ said...

Nett, we CANNOT resist chocolate and peanut butter. I've never made it in combination as a cake, but your glowing comments have changed my mind. This is certainly added to my stash of Must-Do's! Yummmmm

Coleens Recipes said...

Chocolate Sunday huh? Excellent idea, now we just have to find other names for the rest of the days of the week...I vote for apple pie Mondays.

Kristen said...

I love the chocolate-peanut butter combination...I'm a little wary of baking with peanut butter though, it's never been good for me (peanut butter cookies give me a headache)...but this looks really good, I may have to try it :o)

Tangled Noodle said...

I really, really wish I could still eat PB - paired with chocolate, it used to be one of my favorite combos! Darn these allergies.
Staying at home to plan a European vacation? I'll do it!

Donna-FFW said...

This cake sounds wonderful. I love the choc/PB combo!!

teresa said...

This sounds SO good, I'm getting hungry!

Norah said...

Yummy! I'm usually not a fan of chocolate but this looks and sounds so good!

Lyndas recipe box said...

This sounds like the perfect cake, Nett! chocolate and peanut butter together, YUM!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what we did today too - stayed home, did lots of cooking and planned our summer vacation :) The cake looks excellent!