Friday, May 29, 2009

Dinner And A Movie Friday

I can honestly say I haven't ever watched a Star Trek episode on TV or been to a Star Trek Movie. Last week while on Fandango looking for a movie I watched the trailer for Star Trek and asked hubby if he wanted to go check it out, took a little twisting of the arm and we were off. As you know if you read my blog about all we do, is exercise and eat at home and go to lots of movies. The only problem was where was my winter coat. This movie was so entertaining about all I knew of Star Trek was beam me up Scotty. The characters took on the roles so well. Chris Pine play James Kirk he is not bad on the eyes. Zachary Quinto played Spock little rival between the two. Leonard Nimoy was back to play himself Spock Prime. I like the way they tied the show to modern earthly times. A couple of the gentlemen have these incredible accents so easily impressed here. From start to finish I was totally entertained in a beam me up Scotty way. If the family is wishing too see this go along it was very entertaining.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

We go through spells where we regularly go to the movies and then for reasons I can't pin point stop. At any rate, I loved the original star trek TV series and have see most of the movies, so with your recommendation we'll get out to see this one.

Katy ~ said...

I was an avid Star Trek fan and all the sci-fi shows that followed. This movie would be a real treat for me to see. Thanks for the review.