Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Veggie Tuesday

Tomatoe, Tamatoe however you prefer to say it. I have had this recipe for years it is so easy you can whip it up in a couple of minutes. We have even been known to serve it cold and not even bother with the stove. It makes a great salad or a main dish vegetable. The nuts add allot of flavor and a little crunch. Very good and low in calories also.
Artichokes and Tomatoes

1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of artichoke hearts cut into quarters
2 tablespoons of Olive oil
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup snipped parsley

Cook and stir pecans, cheese, salt and pepper in oil in 10 inch skillet over medium heat until nuts are coated and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Cook, stirring constantly, just until vegetables are hot, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley.

9 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Now that looks so elegant and you can't beat how easy it is to put together!

Barbara Bakes said...

This must be good if you've been making it for years. I'll have to give it a try!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I have a question...did you use marinated artichokes? I love dishes that can be assembled quickly.

Julie Pia said...

Mmmm.... this dish looks yummy and healthy.

Netts Nook said...

Mary: Yes I used marinated artichokes.

Donna-FFW said...

Perfect side dish! And I love the colors!

Shannon Wallace said...

YUMMY!!!!! I adore tomoatoes and artichokes! BTW, thanks for leaving me a message on my blog about Andrea and Brayden. :o)

Selba said...

What a good idea, tomatoes and arichokes. Looks yummy :)

Sara said...

I love artichoke hearts, I buy them frozen and use them as pizza toppings!