Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Veggie Tuesday

This recipe was so easy I made it in ten minutes why I cried with Oprah. I was glad I was 't making something sweet she was having a show on overweight teens. If you have children or someone who won't eat vegetables this recipe is great. The cheese spread takes over the flavor of the vegetables.



Stuffed Veggie Pizza

1 10 oz tube pizza dough(Pillsbury)
1 one container 6.5 oz alouette spreadable cheese
3/4 c finely grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup grated cheddar
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 small red onion
1 7 to8-inch-long zucchini thinly sliced
Cooking spray or oil

Preheat oven to 400 F. Spread half of dough out on greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Spread half of alouette cheese over dough. I used the sundried tomato & basil. It helps to let it sit at room temperature a few minutes to soften up. Leave a half inch on all edges. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan and half the parsley. Use the other half of the pizza dough spread over cheese portion of the pizza. Take the spreadable cheese and spread over the top layer of the pizza dough. Place the sliced zucchini and sliced onions on top in a row. I just sliced the zucchini and onion on a food grater to make them very thin. I used a large onion because that is all I could find at the store. Cover vegetables with grated Parmesan and cheddar and parsley. Bake for 24 minutes.

No comments: